Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change iProperties field name?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ver1tas
427 Views, 4 Replies

Change iProperties field name?

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to change the iProperties default field names.  For example, in iProperties, under the Project tab, i want to change the field "Stock Number" to "Drawing Number".  I know that i could create my own custom field in a seperate tab, but i think this way would have a much cleaner look and simpler workflow.  If it is possible, is it something that i can incorporate into an ipt template?  Or will this only change on my system?

I am working in Inventor 2012 Pro

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ralf_Krieg
in reply to: Ver1tas

Hello

No way, the names are fix. Think about a complete custom tab with all the properties you need as custom properties if you want all in one place.

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 3 of 5
BLHDrafting

Do yourself a favour and buy something like iPropWiz. It does what you want and much, much more.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 4 of 5
Ver1tas
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Does an addin like that affect the way that a drawing file pulls metadata from a part file?

Thanks for the replies.

Message 5 of 5
BLHDrafting

Absolutely not. It's just a different way of looking at and arranging iProperties. And it has many more functions. Lists, must fill in cells, various sheet metal iproperties automatically generated, and more.

I have no affilliation with iPropWiz, I'm just a very happy user of it.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report