Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change active Project File (ipj) via vb.net

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
954 Views, 1 Reply

Change active Project File (ipj) via vb.net

Hi to anyone,

We want to make sure, that everyone here in the company works with the same working environment in Inventor (we're using the version Inventor Suite 2010).

In the meanwhile, I can start Inventor via vb.net and can also set the paths and settings we need in the program.

"Problem" 1: What I'm still missing is the knowledge, how I can change the project file at the startup to a defined one.

The [...].GeneralOptions.StartupProjectFileName doesn't work as I think it has to work 🙂 I want to change the project in the active session and don't want to start Inventor twice or more times 🙂

So I need some help here. I want to say at the start of Inventor: Start with this ipj-file and clear the shown projects.

"Problem" 2: I also don't know the way to change the templates to our template files. In the english version the templates all have the name "standard" in other languages it could be some different e.g. "norm". I don't want to change 2 or more templates here. So it would be nice, if we can say: The standard template has to be redirected to BlaBla.ipt

In the moment, I have removed the standard templates to provide the users from using the "wrong" templates. But that could not be the perfect way.

Thanks to all of you and I appreciate any help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found the answer for the first Problem:

[...].FileLocations.FileLocationFile = "c:\BlaBla.ipj"

It wasn't easy to think, of the possibility, that the project filess has nothing to do in the .net with "project" in the methods-name.

I have to think around and then I have the idea to searching for a word, that describes what the project file is and it is only a file location indicator ~puh~

So, there's still the "Problem" left with the Template-Files 😉

Best Regards

Passi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report