Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot uninstall an add-in

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Mark_Wigan
1310 Views, 1 Reply

cannot uninstall an add-in

not sure if anyone else has had this issue?

i am making some new add-ins for inventor 2013 and see an old add-in showing up from perhaps inventor 2011 that i was trying to get to work a few years ago. i cannot uninstall this persisant little fellow.

i know that we used Regasm to register and unregister a COM object / assembly back before inventor 2012, and i have run the regasm /u "full path" & this was reported as successfully unregistered, however it still shows up in inventor add-in manager.

i can see the path reported for the add-in (from inside inventor / tools / add-ins) & run the regasm as noted above on that specific .dll file.

if i use the add-in manager from autodesk outside of inventor, i see the location is mscoree.dll instead of the full .dll path noted above. i see this location as mscoree.dll also in several other add-ins that i have purchased and installed over the years (that work just fine) so i have read up a little and see that it likely is not an issue.

also i have run a search on the entire computer to make sure it was not a dll registered from a different folder.

i have looked in all the typical locations for registry free add-in folder locations and made sure they are not copied anywhere else.

i recall seeing this little fellow loaded in inv 2011, 2012 and now 2013 so i want to get rid of it. it was only a bare bones add-in that i created using perhaps the add-in wizard in visual studio express that i scored from the inventor sdk development tools / wizard a few years ago. 

all i can think of is that when i was learning to register a COM assembly back then is that i perhaps used the regasm /codebase option.

i do not know enough about this topic to be sure if that has caused this or not, and how to get rid of it...

anyone had this happen to them and found a solution?

any help is much appreciated.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

update = all sorted.

read through some documentation from when i first set this up. there is specific 32bit and 64bit registration codes to use. i ran the appropriate code and it worked fine as per attached.

i think it was one of brians instructions from one of his modthemachine guides.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report