Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call iLogic rule from add-in

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gmetcalfe
1622 Views, 5 Replies

Call iLogic rule from add-in

Is there a way to directly call an iLogic rule from within an add-in?

I have written an add-in that manipulates parameters in various sub-assemblies and now need to call various iLogic rules which the designers have written to act on the parameter changes.

ta

Gav

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MjDeck
in reply to: gmetcalfe

The rules should run automatically when the parameters change.  Is that not working the way you expect?  If so, it is possible to run rules explicitly from an add-in.  Is your add-in in VB.NET or C#?  What version of Inventor?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
gmetcalfe
in reply to: MjDeck

Sorry we are running 2011 (although I am testing in 2011 & 2012) and the add-in is written in c#. So far the rules are not running automatically but I would like more control and call the rules directly if possible anyway. Longer term the "Don't run automatically" will be set in all the rules.

thanks

Gav

Message 4 of 6
rjay75

Here's the way I've run rules using C#

//For Rules in documents
int rVal = 0;
iLogicRule iRule = iLogicAutomationObject.GetRule(IVDocument, ruleName);
if (iRule != null) { rVal = iLogicAutomationObject.RunRuleDirect(iRule);

//For external rules
int rVal = 0;
rVal = iLogicAutomationObject.RunExternalRule(IVDocument, ruleName);

Message 5 of 6
MjDeck

Here's a sample C# class that links to the automation interface in the iLogic addin, and has functions to run rules.   A disadvantage of this direct linking method is that you need separate versions of your addin for Inventor 2011 and 2012.

If you don't want separate versions, you can use COM late binding instead.  That requires more (and messier) code.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
gmetcalfe

Perfect. Thanks very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report