Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call form from an external file in iLogic

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ryaanj
682 Views, 1 Reply

Call form from an external file in iLogic

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to call a form in a skeleton part file from within a parent assembly file.

I can open the form from the skeleton part, then leave it open and update values even while the skeleton part is inactive or even closed.  But I can't find out how to call it from the assembly file.  Is this possible?  I currently have to open the skeleton just to call up the form.

I can reference values or even add them in another form, but I am not allowed to change them in an assembly form, because they are (linked) reference parameters.

I have considered several workarounds, but this is how I really want it to work.  I'm just not that familiar with the code to know if there's a way around.  The code snippets only allow opening a form from the current document as far as I can see.  I don't really want a global from because I'm only changing parameters in one file, not all.

Thanks!

Ryan

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
eagl933
in reply to: ryaanj

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML:     165 EndHTML:     921 StartFragment:     314 EndFragment:     889 StartSelection:     314 EndSelection:     314
SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Try this I have been trying to do the same thing and this worked for me.

Place the external file that contains the rule you want to call into your assembly and turn the visibility off.

Make a new rule or add this snippet to an existing rule.

iLogicVb.RunRule("external file name:1","Form")

Where "external file name" is the name of the file that contains the form you want to open as it appears in the browser in the assembly your working in. Where form is the name of the form in that file you wish to open.

Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report