Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ VS2010 SimpleAddIn does not load

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
oransen
436 Views, 2 Replies

C++ VS2010 SimpleAddIn does not load

Using the SimpleAddIn project/solution in the C++ samples for Inventor 2013 I've created SimpleAddIn.dll. I left all alone  except for

1. include paths, I added ones to InventorUtils.h and RxInventor.tlb
  2. Added _WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 to the start of the preprocessor defines in the project properties.

The SimpleAddIn.Dll was created with no errors.

I added the .AddIn file in the appropriate place and copied the SimpleAddIn.Dll to the Bin directory of Inventor 2013.

In the add in manager I can see SimpleAddIn but it does not seem to load. If I double click it appears to load, but when I go exit the manager and go back it is unloaded again. The command "Draw Slot" does not appear in the Sketch ribbon.

However if I download from github a C# version of the same command I can load it and "Draw Slot" appears and works.

Where can I start looking for errors? Is there a log file of addin loads which might help me?

As I said I left it to compile as is, 32 bit, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Could that be the problem?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
oransen
in reply to: oransen

Just in case this is relevant, here is the .addin file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
     <!-- Type attribute is same as Type registry key (Standard, Translator, Plugin (Server only) -->
     <Addin Type="Standard">
     <ClassId>{963308E2-D850-466D-A1C5-503A2E171552}</ClassId>
     <ClientId>{963308E2-D850-466D-A1C5-503A2E171552}</ClientId>

<!-- Both of the following fields should be translated. NO OTHER FIELDS SHOULD BE TRANSLATED! -->
     <DisplayName>SimpleAddIn</DisplayName>
     <Description>SimpleAddIn</Description>

<Assembly>C:\Users\Owen\Documents\MyAutoDeskStuff\Sources\SimpleAddIn\Release\SimpleAddIn.dll</Assembly>

<SupportedSoftwareVersionGreaterThan>16..</SupportedSoftwareVersionGreaterThan>
     <LoadOnStartUp>1</LoadOnStartUp>
     <Hidden>0</Hidden>
</Addin>

Message 3 of 3
oransen
in reply to: oransen

Argh! Compiling for x64 bit on a 64 bit platform and a 64 bit Inventor does seem to make it work. Duh!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report