Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Model Properties on Other Sheets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drguitarum2005
258 Views, 1 Reply

Base Model Properties on Other Sheets

I know there is a way with iLogic/VB to do this but I'm not exactly sure how. Basically, I'd like to put the part number from the base view (view 1) of SHEET 1 into my title block. Easy enough with one sheet, but I want subsequent sheets to reference back to the part number from VIEW 1 on SHEET 1, regardless of what sheet it is on.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.nagy
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Happy New Year!

Which exact part of the Title Block on the sheet are you trying to set? The "DWG NO"?

That is based on the "Part Number" property of the drawing. So if you just update the drawing's Part Number to the Part Number of the part which is used in the base view of the first sheet then you should be set.

If it's a different part if the title block, then you could perhaps create a custom property for the drawing, modify the title blocks you want to use to reference that custom property where you want to show the part number of the part used by the base view of the first sheet, and then just update that custom drawing property to the part number of the part referenced by the base view of the first sheet.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report