Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Content Center Library Transfer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ThomasSwanson
536 Views, 3 Replies

Automating Content Center Library Transfer

Hello All,

Is there a way to control the Content Center Library Transfer wizard from the API?  I have the issue where the users are back and forth between Vault and out in the field disconnected from the server.  I am needind a way to have the Content center library automatically sync to what is in the Vault.  That way the content center on the laptops stay synced to the Vault content center.

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Is there anyway to automate the Library Transfer Guide?   I just want to run it from a command prompt and not through Inventor.

Library Transfer Guide.jpg

Message 3 of 4
DeerSpotter
in reply to: ThomasSwanson

i put this in:

%AppData%

Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

ex: C:\Users\TELEGUM.AMERICA\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

This should be modified to your local update.

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Content Center Local Update
ECHO Initializing...
XCOPY "G:\Gardner Part Files\Gardner Content Center Libraries\Library 2014\*" "C:\Gardner Content Center Library\Library 2014" /y /f /e
ECHO Update Completed.

What this does, is it Downloads a server copy to your local or your custom destination (which is automating in my opinion) you can redo the code. It then downloads everytime i start my computer 🙂 

All you need to do now is find the vault server copy 🙂

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 4 of 4
MMorrison
in reply to: DeerSpotter

Does Vault the exact same file name and structure in the filestore as you see in the Vault for the Content Center?  For normal content, it does not.

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report