Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically change parts to unique layers in idw

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephengibson76
410 Views, 4 Replies

automatically change parts to unique layers in idw

I know you can do this manually but im sure someone wrote a macro to do it automatically....

i still have the change occurance layer based on material macro but cant seem to find the change layer based on part...  does anyone know where it is or is there a better way to do it?

yes we are still using autocad in conjunction with inventor, and on a side note have been quite enjoying the new parameters, dynamic blocks, easy scripts and customization features in autocad

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

any help with this would be aprettiated

Stephen Gibson

Message 3 of 5

Hello

Maybe this post could be helpful.

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 4 of 5

thanks, but thats the one I can find...  Im sure there was something similar to do it by part rather than colour

Stephen Gibson

Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

It looks to me the code in that post is the right direction you could follow. It creats the new layer with specific color and assign the drawing curves of one part to this layer. i.e. the curves of different parts are different color.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report