Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Drawing Creation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
daulj
583 Views, 2 Replies

Automate Drawing Creation

I've looked at what feels like every board on here to try and figure this out. I have next to no experience in VB or Macro programming, which from what I read is the only way to do this.

All I want to do is automatically generate a drawing for an assembly with sheets for the component parts. The assembly is being placed as an iLogic part if that makes a difference.

I need some code to get me going with this. Thanks in advanced for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jonbrabbs
in reply to: daulj

Hi mate,

At the risk of being blunt, the programming help files have a loads of bits of sample code which can be used to start you off - certainly in VBA. This should get you going in the right direction, although it's fair to say you've definately jumped in at the deep end with what you are trying to do!

Not sure about other versions, but in 2010, programming help can be foung by clicking the little arrow to the right of the ? on the search box at the top, and then going to Additional Resources>Programming Help. Use the "Sample Code" section to get going.

Hope this helps you, and good luck.

Jon

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If this post helps you, please give kudos.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Message 3 of 3
daulj
in reply to: jonbrabbs

Jon, I now understand the depth of what I was trying to accomplish. I figured that Inventor would have had something built in initially, that I would just have to customize to what I was looking for, but after reading into all the discussion boards I truly realized how deep I'm in!! Thanks for the direction to the samples. To be honest, a week ago I knew absolutely nothing about code or programming and so far I've made some enormous strides with iLogic rules, so I'm hoping that this is something that I can learn in due time. Thanks again, Justin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report