Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprentice Server and SheetMetalStyle

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tommam
405 Views, 1 Reply

Apprentice Server and SheetMetalStyle

I'm wondering if it's possible to access the ActiveSheetMetalStyle using Apprentice?

I have the following code, but it crashes on the last line, saying "Not Implemented":

Inventor.ApprenticeServerComponent apprentice = new Inventor.ApprenticeServerComponent();

Inventor.ApprenticeServerDocument invDoc = apprentice.Open(filename);

Inventor.SheetMetalComponentDefinition smComp = invDoc.ComponentDefinition as Inventor.SheetMetalComponentDefinition;

Inventor.SheetMetalStyle smStyle = smComp.ActiveSheetMetalStyle;

If I can't do this through Apprentice Server, is there another way to get the sheet metal style?  Maybe through the properties?

Thanks,
Tom

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leefsma
in reply to: tommam

Hi Tommam,

In that case, it means that unfortunately this functionality is not yet implmented in Apprentice. As you may know Apprentice implements a subset of the whole Inventor API. Though it is growing the coverage is still not equivalent to the Inventor functionalities.

The sheetmetal style is an internal property of the document, it is therefore not accessible through iProperties, unles you run some logic in Inventor using the API in order to write yourself the style information you need either in the iProperties or attributes of your document. In that case you will be able to retrieve the information with Apprentice API.

I hope it helps.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Consultant
Developer Technical Services
Global Subscription & Support

Autodesk EMEA

www.autodesk.com/joinadn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report