Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprentice Error "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
234 Views, 3 Replies

Apprentice Error "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

Hello Group,

Hopefully a simple question. I've searched the newsgroup and couldn't find an answer.

I've just started using Apprentice and run into what I hope is a simple fix. Using VB I've created an Inventor Add-in in which I hope to open an Assembly in Inventor, start the add-in which will then close the open assembly, rename it using Apprentice, and then open the new assembly in Inventor.

The code will work if I step thru it. However, if I create the dll and attempt to run the add-in in Inventor I get the following error:

Method '~' of object '~' failed

Any ideas? suggestions?

Is it possible to use Apprentice as an Inventor add-in?

Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like your dll is not registered properly. Here are some links to topics about that message http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Method+%27%7E%27+of+object+%27%7E%27+failed I still haven't been able to figure it out on my system... I don't get it trying to run a addin, but about 3/4 the time I start up VB6, I get that message. It doesn't seem to hurt anything but it is annoying. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Miket" wrote in message news:19697426.1085150079386.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello Group, > > Hopefully a simple question. I've searched the newsgroup and couldn't find an answer. > > I've just started using Apprentice and run into what I hope is a simple fix. Using VB I've created an Inventor Add-in in which I hope to open an Assembly in Inventor, start the add-in which will then close the open assembly, rename it using Apprentice, and then open the new assembly in Inventor. > > The code will work if I step thru it. However, if I create the dll and attempt to run the add-in in Inventor I get the following error: > > Method '~' of object '~' failed > > Any ideas? suggestions? > > Is it possible to use Apprentice as an Inventor add-in? > > Mike
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Mike

You will need to use the apprentice in an exe not a dll so it runs as a separate process to Inventor, which is why your add in is working in debug mode.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Glad someone is awake ;~) Apprentice and addin went in the eyes but got lost somewhere in that hollow space I call a head ;~)) -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "gharrison" wrote in message news:13239685.1085157615895.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Mike > > You will need to use the apprentice in an exe not a dll so it runs as a separate process to Inventor, which is why your add in is working in debug mode.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report