Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Ready Signal

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dbrblg
469 Views, 3 Replies

Application Ready Signal

Are there any known issues with the Application.Ready property when the Application.UserInterfaceManager.UserInteractionDisabled = True and Application.SilentOperation = True options are used?

I have an issue when these two options are used, the Application.Ready property never becomes true, yet when these options are missed out, the ready property becomes true.

Is this a known issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
YuhanZhang
in reply to: dbrblg

Is there any other operation after setting the UserInteractionDisabled = True and SilentOperation  = True? Better that you can post some code here. And is your Inventor 32bit or 64bit?

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
dbrblg
in reply to: YuhanZhang

This is the module code exported from Access - it is designed to convert open SolidWorks parts and save them as Inventor parts.  It extracts the custom properties from the database and inserts them into the part before saving it.

It is Inventor 2012 32-bit.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
YuhanZhang
in reply to: dbrblg

I could not reproduce the same issue just according to your code. But I have a suggestion that you could modify your code like below:

If (Err) Then

Err.Clear
            Set oIVApp = CreateObject("Inventor.Application")
            oIVApp.Visible = True

Do While (Not IVReady)
                Sleep (100)
                DoEvents
                If (oIVApp.Ready) Then
                    IVReady = True
                    Sleep (5000)
                End If
            Loop

oIVApp.UserInterfaceManager.UserInteractionDisabled = True
            oIVApp.Documents.Add (kNoDocument)

oIVApp.SilentOperation = True

On Error GoTo skip

End If

Before the Inventor initialization is compoleted, I would like to wait untill it is ready, then start to do any other operations. So I modify your code to set the UserInteractionDisabled and SilentOperation after the Inventor is ready. Please try and see if it works there.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums