Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a part to Frame Generator with iLogic rules for features

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1597 Views, 6 Replies

Adding a part to Frame Generator with iLogic rules for features

Good Day All,

I have a wire trough that we typically use on all our units. Instead of modelling each trough as it's own separate part to length, I would like to add this part to frame generator for tracking there cut lengths etc...

A few items, there is two sizes that we use, but for now I will work with just one.

I have modeled the part and renamed the important parameters.

-WIDTH - stays the same

-HEIGHT - stays the same

-LENGTH - adjusted by frame generator

-RIBS - the part has 6 currently, but there is a rib added for every 1/2 inch. it is a rectangular pattern

-SLOTS - will be added to the trough every 2 inches of length, it is a rectangular pattern

-SLOT_DISTANCE - is 2 inches and never changes, if the trough is cut on a slot, which ever is easiest, to show half a slot or none, doesn't matter, this is just for a visual and BOM reference

I found a video that shows me how to publish parts to FG, but I am stuck for the iLogic part. If you have any examples or previous posts that can help, or if you would like to use my part, it is attached.

Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After playing around with the part this is what I came up with. I though I needed iLogic, but just used parameters along with basic equations.

My next step is to put this part into my custom library for frame generator use, hopefully that goes smooth,

I know this is very basic, but I actually impressed myself, haha, any input or feedback would be nice.

just open the part and edit Extrusion1 to manipulate

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
philippe.leefsma

Dear Sean,

Looks like you managed to sort it out by yourself. If you still have some more questions let us know.

Concerning feedback on how is designed the FG part itself, you may want to ask on the Inventor Customer Files forum directly: Inventor Customer Files

This section of the forum is more oriented to programming and customization topics.

Thank you.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

@philippe.leefsma wrote:

Dear Sean,

Looks like you managed to sort it out by yourself. If you still have some more questions let us know.

Concerning feedback on how is designed the FG part itself, you may want to ask on the Inventor Customer Files forum directly: Inventor Customer Files

This section of the forum is more oriented to programming and customization topics.

Thank you.

Regards,

Philippe.

Actually the problem wasn't even close to being fixed.

I diverted my main goal and found a non ideal solution.

I would like the custom frame section that is attached above to be used with frame generator. But there is errors when authoring the part. If the errors are because my model is incorrect, that is fine, I can re-model the part, but I don't know what the errors are. Please see the first post in regards to these errors.

When I got the email asking me if this topic was solved or not, and I said no, I would like a solution, a short email telling me I posted in the wrong forum is the NOT the solution.

Please advise on how to correctly author the custom frame to frame generator.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
philippe.leefsma

Hi Sean,

Can you please clarify what the errors are? I don't see it mentioned in the first post as you say, sorry if I am missing the point...

This section of the forum deals with programming customization through API only. FG does not expose any API, so if you are having questions on how to use your part with FG, please post a new thread to the correct section, we unfortunately don't have experts in every fields monitoring every cases that are logged.

Thank you,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Yea sorry about that, I thought I deleted this thread, I created a new thread here to explain my issues with authoring a custom frame to frame generator.

I was just under the assumption that the forum name "Autodesk Inventor Customization" implied any sort of customization, API, iLogic, or dealing with custom content center parts.

So just to clarify what this forum's intended use is, only Inventor API, if I have any iLogic questions should I post here or in the Inventor Forum?

Thanks for you help,

Message 7 of 7
philippe.leefsma

Yes, a bit confusing... By customization we intend any type of customization using either the API or iLogic questions. Any other question that is not API related goes to the other forums, even if it it implies customizing documents, templates and so on...

Hope it make sense.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report