Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddBorder - does not set the number of zones

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
afirmation
661 Views, 8 Replies

AddBorder - does not set the number of zones

I want to use the AddBorder method to add a custom Border to a sheet. As I see in the end, the newly added border does not have the zone parameteres set - the result 0 horizontal zones/0 vertical zones.

If I use the add border functionality that Inventor provides, the zones are not null.

I tried to find a way to specify these parameteres, but I found that they can be specified only on DefaultBorder.

Any idea?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: afirmation

Sorry, the API does not currently support custom
zone borders. I'll add this to the wishlist.

Sanjay-
Message 3 of 9
afirmation

Sanjay, any idea when this functionality will be available?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

No, sorry. All I can say at this point is that it
will be considered for a future release.

Sanjay-
Message 5 of 9
aguitton116
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

i'm just unearthing this topic because i'm quite interested in it. It looks like it's still not possible in 2013 release (I will check in 2014 but i'm not confident).

Is there any solution to do it in a different way ? Is it possible for example to customize the default border ?

Message 6 of 9

Hi aguitton116,

Unfortunately it is not possible to customize the default border either from UI not from API, sorry for the bad news.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 7 of 9
jdkriek
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Create a custom border with your own zones, then add it to the drawing via the API.

I have one setup for all sheet sizes using a little math.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
aguitton116

U was thinking about drawing the whole border through API but your idea is much better 😄

I didn't think to that, silly me Robot LOL Anyway it would still be a great idea to add this functionnality to API for the future release.

Message 9 of 9
aguitton116
in reply to: aguitton116

I don't know why but I can't edit my previous message. The first letter was to be an "I", not a "U" 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report