Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Bolted Connections through iLogic

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mehatfie
862 Views, 4 Replies

Accessing Bolted Connections through iLogic

Hi All,

I'm currently creating a program to replace all fasteners in an assembly with there Metric / Imperial opposites. My program works and I've created a log file for any issues that do come up.

My question now is: 

Is there any way to manipulate bolted connections through the API? Or is this not supported yet?

I cannot seem to find anything to do with them. It's strange though as my program creates an error log for the Lock Washers in the Bolted Connection (which it was struggling with previously anyways), but shows the other fasteners as being successful.

Thanks for any help

MItch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mehatfie
in reply to: mehatfie

Either the above issue, or simply how I tell if it's a Bolted Connection

Anyone have any idea?

Mitch

Message 3 of 5
mehatfie

Any Autodesk employees able to step up and provide me with an answer?

Thanks

Mitch

Message 4 of 5
mehatfie

I've worked my way around the above issue and simply read the occurence name to count the number of Bolted Conenctions. I'm still interested to know if there is any solution for accessing the bolted connections though.

Thanks

Mitch

Message 5 of 5
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

Bolted Connection is also a plugin on Inventor API, but no API to acces  it. Sorry. Your workaround is the best way to me.

As you know, Inventor has constraint/connection ability. There are APIs for them. So if you woukd like, you could create your own bolted connection. Of course, you will need to manage yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report