Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Save As screen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eder
420 Views, 3 Replies

Access to Save As screen

Hello

I have a problem for code files in inventor, my intention is codify this files whit a personal code name.

I need to launch the "SAVE AS" changing the file name that I need, with the possibility of modifying it.

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item ("AppFileNewCmd"). Execute

Works smoothly and launches the open document window, but

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item ("AppFileSaveAsCmd"). Execute

does nothing, either fails. At the same time would need to know how to rename the file to display.

Thanks, very much

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: eder

Hi,

Which version of Inventor are you using? The following code works fine on my side under 2014:

Public Sub ExecuteCommand()

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.item("AppFileSaveAsCmd").Execute

End Sub

Take a look at "FileUIEvents.OnFileSaveAsDialog" it provides a way to customize the proposed filename when SaveAs dialog pops up, if I understand correcly your question.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
eder

Hello Philipe

I'm using  inventor 20013 in my computer.  I solve the "save as" question. Thanks

But i have another question. Please , do you know if i can't modify the image of icons in parts and assemblies??

I know to change the icon who appears up of tool bar in part and assembly screen , but i don't know change the general icon.

Message 4 of 4
philippe.leefsma

I'm not sure which icon you are talking about, is it an icon you see in Inventor or you mean the icon of the file system?

I don't know of a way to change native icons in general, that's not something that developers want usually to customize.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report