Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 to 2013. Material issues?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
250 Views, 2 Replies

2011 to 2013. Material issues?

Hi everyone,

My company froze our inventor version at 2011 for reasons I will not go into here.

Event so we have kept our service agreements upto date and own upto 2013/2014.

We are now looking at upgrading to verion 2013.

All of our inventor history documents (Massive numbers) are saved as 2011.

I have heard rumors that there may be material conversion issues when upgrading from 2011 to 2013.

What are they and how do we move forward?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bretrick30
in reply to: Anonymous

When I upgraded to 2013 I was told that everything would convert into the new format of Materials and Appearances automatically.  After the upgrade when I would open a part a window would pop up saying that it is going to convert the styles into the new format.  There is an option to have it not show that window again.  If you dont check that, everytime you open a part it will show up. 

I think the issues you have heard about were caused by Service Pack 1.  Everything worked fine for me until I installed the Service Pack.  I noticed that my materials disappeared and after some searching online I found out that other people had the same issue.  I determined that was the issue because one of my co-workers did not install the service pack and everything still worked for him.  Service Pack 1.1 fixed the problem. 

Part of my issue I think was that we didnt actually have our own Material Library, all of our Materials were in the template file.  I ended up creating our own material library and since then everything has been working fine.

So if you do the upgrade.  Make sure you get Service Pack 1.1. 

Message 3 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: bretrick30

Hi,

Sorry to hear the problem. I would suggest logging this question on product board. Thus the peers there could give a comment. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report