Inventor Community Knowledge Base

Showing the Model Density Weight in the Title Block

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-22-2013 10:53 AM - edited on ‎04-22-2013 08:05 AM by Alumni TBasich

PROBLEM:  The mass (weight) can be shown in the title block as show below.
MASS.PNG

The problem is that too often when using this method, unless the associated model is open and the properties within it are updated (after every change), the value "N/A" shows up in the title block. This is a major issue if it is not caught prior to printing the document.

SOLUTION:  In the iproperties section of the drawing, "Custom" tab create a property called "TotalWT".  Once this is created, edit the definition of the title block tb.PNG

and select the values shown below.

MASS.PNG

The last thing to be done is to create the rule that will bring the value to the title block.

Go to the "Manage" tab and select rule.PNG

and enter the rule.  (See attachment)

After the rule is set, you will probably want to establish triggers.

triggers.PNG

These will allow the rule to run before and after saves and when a document is open, just to name a few.  This is meant for the user to decide when they want the rule to run. One might also want this rule to be an external rule as well so it can be added to previously created drawings.

What this solution offers is a method that will no longer show an "N/A" in the title block and will always give the user the opportunity to have the weight be up to date in the title block.

Comments
by bjiang on ‎10-23-2013 12:03 PM

Hi,
would you help me to speed up the Inventor to open 2D quickly? I suffered a lot to open 2D too slow every time.
The incon informed me "the following location in your project are currently unavailable. If you continue opening the file, you may experience significantly slower performance than normal". how to deal with the problem of opening 2D slow?
I was borning by this issues.
Thank you.
billjiang2012@hotmail.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube

Contributors