Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC failed iUnexpected end of archive

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
lacraze43
2808 Views, 12 Replies

CRC failed iUnexpected end of archive

During installation of Autodesk Inventor 2012 English Win 64, I get this error "CRC failed in 3rdParty\VBA\pFiles\MSOffice\Office10\3082\oftip10.hlp Unexpected end of archive"

I've downloaded the installation package twice now and get the same error. i don't want to try downloading a 3rd time since each takes 6+ hours.

How can I fix this error?

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

CRC error indicate the source is not download complete.

1, please change another extract tool to unzip your downloaded file, when you unzip it, close your anti-virus.

2, if you still encounter the error, change another machine and extract the file.

3. if neither above step work for you, change another machine and re-download the source file and unextract it

Message 3 of 13
kirklin
in reply to: lacraze43

I've tried redownloading, reinstalling, on several computers, with firewalls and antivirus programs disabled, and receive CRC error messages every time.  Can you send the DVD copy to me for Revit, 3DS Max, and AutoCAD?

Message 4 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: kirklin

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

if these are the free student copies you don't get media

you can pay for a license and you will get media

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
balgan
in reply to: lacraze43

I have the same problem and i still dont know what to do.

someone can help please?

Message 7 of 13
kirklin

I tried using Mozilla Firefox, and the alternate download browser method.  I updated Microsoft .Net 4 , and cleared my temporary files and previous downloaded attempts.  I uninstalled the antivirus.  I am still getting CRC error messages.  This is extremely frustrating.  May I receive a hard copy of the programs Revit 2012, 3DS Max 2012, and AutoCAD 2012?

Message 8 of 13
DarrenP

are these the free student copies?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
kirklin
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, they are. I tried te years 2010, 2011, and 2012.  All do not install.

Message 10 of 13
DarrenP

you don't get hard copies of the free student licenses

if you want media you need a buy a student license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren is right.  You're not going to get a disc for a free download.  You might try the trial and see if you have better luck there. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 13
kirklin

If the download is free, why would a student version disk not be free?  What is the reason for this?

Message 13 of 13
philip.s

Student's are not allowed physical media per the Education Community policy. Typically, the only occurrence that media is shipped out for free is to commercial users on an active subscription contract. Commercial users not on an active subscription contract can also request media, however there is a $ fee associated. Please not that in either case, only 3-4 versions back are generally supported / available. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report