Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSCommCntr3.exe Prevents AutoCAD Start-up

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jcroker
8073 Views, 3 Replies

WSCommCntr3.exe Prevents AutoCAD Start-up

I just installed AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD Architecture 2012 upgrades on our workstations in the office. Stand alone installs. Everything works fine on one workstation, but on the second under one users log-on - both acad and acad arch lock-up on start-up. I discovered if with win taskmanager i stop the process "WSCommCntr3.exe" both acad and acad arch (acad for brevity) will continue and start up fine. But, close and start again, I have to stop "WSCommCntr3.exe" again before acad will start. If i log on to the same machine, there is no problem. I thought maybe it was my admin priv, but when I assigned admin priv to the other user it had no effect. It appears to me there is something in his user account that is causing the problem. But it is beyond my windows knowledge base I guess. I had a similar problemon with same user and acad 2011 and i just turned off communication center (i believe) as a quick fix and never revisited.

Although I can work around the workstation well enough, I know little about the network, that is IT's domain. we do have continuous access to the internet through the network.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what it might be?  I would like to tell my IT department what to changeor look at  in the users log on profile so this can be resolved.

any help would be appreciated

fyi - workstations identical - win xp pro 64, dell T7400

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: jcroker

If you have a proxy server for internet connection, you might see similar issues, IT could be able to help you bypass the connection issue.

If not

Please re-create windows profile for the affected users

Or

rename WSCommCntr3.exe to avoid the error (just another work around)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
andylaug
in reply to: jcroker

useless response!

Message 4 of 4
ANDREWLIGHT
in reply to: andylaug

/\ +1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report