Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Serial Number on box

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Michael-Rybin-ArchCoal
1021 Views, 9 Replies

Wrong Serial Number on box

I have the free student license of Revit installed on my computer. I just purchased the “Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013” from the college bookstore, but the installation fails.

Issue 1: The instructions inside the box state “Go to www.identit-e.com/autodesk and use the code from this card.  When I click on the register link http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13404186&linkID=9240617, I cannot get it licensed because I do not know the answer to the question "Enter Product Request Code"... the help screen says we get this number when we register the product --- that is what I am trying to do, but cannot. Please provide a Product Request Code.

Autodesk Tech support said to ignore the above and run setup from the download or the USB, but that produced the following issue. 

Issue 2: When running setup from the downloaded file or the USB file the serial number field is 3 digits + 8 digits, however, the serial number on the Ultimate 2013 box is 5 digits + 7 digits. 

Issue 2.1: Also, I contacted the college bookstore and they said to use the serial number from the card inside the box --- or the serial number under the peel-off label on the outside of the box.  Both those serial numbers start the same but end differently.  Both numbers do not work with the downloaded software or the usb software setup because their length is different from the length that the setup software is requesting.

Can Autodesk call or email me and --- upon purchase verification -- provide with the correct serial number and product number please, so I can install the software? 

I may have made a mistake or missed some important step, so I am requesting help from the public discussion group --- any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael Rybin

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi Michael,

My apologies for the confusion.

Actually if you purchased an Educational License, you can get your Serial Number if you go to identit-e site. The site would be asking for some information and documents from you. Just click on the start button at the bottom of the page and input your student details.

To add, on the box which contains the USB of your Suite Product, you should see a white paper of leaflet. The instructions on how to get your Serial Number are written on it.

Once you received the Serial Number, you can then install the software to your machine. Once installed, then you can launch it and generate the Request Code which is needed to Activate the License.

Hope this clarifies things.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 10

I think you missed that information in my original post --- I already tried what you suggested and it does not work.  Also, Autodesk tech support said to not use that website.  Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 10

Hello Michael,

Regarding your Issue#1, the identit-e verification process is asking for your Product Code, not to be confused with a Product Request Code which is used during the activation process. The Product Code (what you had described earlier as your Serial Number) is located inside the box on the product insert, and has a 12345-1234567 (5 digits + 7 digits) format.

Once entered, you will be prompted to provide your personal information, academic information, and eligibility proof. Only then will you receive your license information / Serial Number.

Hope this helps clarify and please let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Message 5 of 10

The identit-e website accepted the code from the paper inside the box and emailed me several numbers including a serial number.  However, during product activation Autodesk says: "Thee serial number you entered is not valid".  Now what?

Message 6 of 10

p.s. I am guessing this serial number failure may be is because the currently installed product has a different product key from that which was emailed to me --- there is no 'update' button for the product key, like the serial number. 

Message 7 of 10

Yea, that would explain it. There is no way to update the Product Key (with out doing unsupported registry edits), so in this case it would require an uninstall / reinstall.

Can you confirm that the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate Product Key that you were emailed matches up with the one listed here?

Message 8 of 10

Yes, the product key in the email matches the identit-e website product key under my login status check.  I will try your suggestion of reinstalling.  And, thank you for the help. 

Message 9 of 10

Can I reinstall / repair / update all product files without fully uninstalling first? Or, must I uninstall completely before installing the Ultimate suite?

Message 10 of 10

...uninstall with new install accepted the new serial number and updated the new product key, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report