Installation & Licensing

bbali868
Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)
Accepted Solution

Workstations show the license server system as “Server name”or “Distributed.”

124 Views, 2 Replies
03-30-2014 10:31 AM

I recently upgraded servers and successfully transferred the Server license for one of my clients. They are pulling licensing successfully but are wondering why some of the client pcs show the network license entry as the actual server name and on some of the other client machines it shows up as 'distributed'. Would anyone have an explanation as to why this occurs.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (92 Views)

Re: Workstations show the license server system as “Server name”or “Distributed

03-31-2014 09:44 AM in reply to: bbali868

It shouldn't matter, since a Distributed system is techically a group of single systems.  Is it possible that the client machines have the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system variable set? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
bbali868
Message 3 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: Workstations show the license server system as “Server name”or “Distributed

03-31-2014 02:26 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis  - I do believe some of the client machines have the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system variable set which may explain the variance in names. Thanks for the response and explanation.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.