Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiretap Gateway web interface on Smoke for Mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
665 Views, 2 Replies

Wiretap Gateway web interface on Smoke for Mac

Hello,

I've installed Smoke for Mac 2013 with a commercial licence (Standalone-Locked, Commercial, Permanent) and all was fine but now I've run into a problem with reading files through WiretapCentral on web interface.

I recive the same error:

Unable to get info for clip /Volumes/Data/.../.../somevideo.mov on host x.x.x.x:7183: Wiretap Gateway Unlicensed (ADLM).

When i try to read and import the same file inside Smoke application (MediaHub) it works!!!

Any help?

Regards,

Andrea

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Andrea,

Is the drive you're trying to read from connected to another workstation? If so, then this is normal.

Wiretap Gateway (the service that allows Smoke and Wiretap Central to read media files) does require a license if you try to remotely access it via Wiretap Central from another computer. It does not require a license when accessed by Smoke or when accessed by Wiretap Central on the Smoke workstation.

Best regards,

Robert.

Autodesk Smoke Support.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Hi Robert,

in answer to your kind reply, I can say tha the drive is a storage raid direct connect via sata and mounted on my Mac, and i accessed by WiretapCentral on my Smoke workstation.

On Smoke workstation I open the browser and point to <localhost>/WiretapCentral.

At this point i am able to see only media files on IFFFS´s tree (stonefs). Gateway´s tree shows me all the directory but no way to read media files. Still the same error msg:

Unable to get info for clip /Volumes/Data/.../.../SLID9303.mov@CLIP on host 192.168.1.50:7183: Wiretap Gateway Unlicensed (ADLM).

Best regards

Andrea

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report