Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiretap Gateway on Smoke for Mac - Student Edition

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
credmann
3221 Views, 5 Replies

Wiretap Gateway on Smoke for Mac - Student Edition

Hello,

I've recently installed the Smoke for Mac Student Edition, and all went well with the install.  However, I've run into a problem with importing OpenEXR files through WiretapCentral.  My framestores show properly in WiretapCentral and I can select the clip to import, but I get a Rendering Error:

Unable to get info for clip /Users/foo/images/colorWheel.[0001-0030].exr@CLIP on host x.x.x.x:7183: Wiretap Gateway Unlicensed (ADLM)

As the student edition uses a standalone license rather than ADLM, is it possible to specify another license, or is something set up incorrectly?

Regards,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: credmann

Hi Credman.

Sorry for the late reply.

The student and trial editions of Smoke can only use the local WiretapGateway from inside Smoke.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 6
credmann

Thank you for the response Robert, I wondered if that were the case, since that seemed to work fine. 

Best regards,

Chris

Message 4 of 6
Robert.Adam

No worries.

I need to keep a closer eye on these forums:)

Most users post on the Area so that's why i didn't check this one in a while.

Regards

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 6

I am using the Student Edition of Smoke (2012 SP1). And I can not access the local Wiretap Gateway inside of Smoke. It's simply not there.  So I can not access my volumes to import through the Gateway.  I am about to re-install to see if that helps. Any advice would be helpful.  

Thank you,

Chris

Message 6 of 6

Hi Chris.

Please open the "Service Monitor" app from the "Applications/Autodesk/Smoke Common Utilities" folder and ensure that the "Wiretap Gateway" service is running. Try starting it if it's not running and even if it is running, try restarting it.

If it doesn't restart, open the Terminal app from "Applications/Utilities" and type this command:

open /usr/discreet/log/wiretapgateway.log

The log file should open in the Console app. Look at the latest entries in the file and see if you can find any error message that would explain why the gateway is not starting.

Thanks!

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report