Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection, server license connection failure.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
KMorgan1
791 Views, 9 Replies

Wireless connection, server license connection failure.

Hi,

At Airbus Filton, in the UK we are running AutoCAD 2008 & 2010 with server based licensing, which works fine. However, wireless connection is failing to get a network license. Is this a known problem? Can you please supply Client Network port numbers that are being used to help us with our diagnostics?

Regards,

Ken Morgan.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
frhervet
in reply to: KMorgan1

Hi,

Port number used :

27000 to 27010

and

What is the error you have when you launch AutoCAD ?

Try to just disable Firewall on the client

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 10
KMorgan1
in reply to: frhervet

I doubt it is the firewall as a licence CAN be obtained when the laptop is wired to the network.

The error message we receive is attached.

Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

maybe you can't grab a license on wireless

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

what you can do is plug in the internet cable

borrow a license

then unplug from the internet

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
frhervet

Hi,

-39 User/host not on INCLUDE list for feature.

Do you use an option file on the license server ?

Is it the same user that you use when you use Wifi ?

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 10
KMorgan1

Since we only have 22 network licenses in A-UK then we do not permit signing out of licenses. Hence your suggestion is not an option. I can confirm that a particular user, who has reported this problem, can work perfectly well whilst hard wire connected to the network. This confirms his name is in the flexLM license options file. I'm wondering if wireless connection somehow is presenting AutoCAD with a different login id which is then not recognised by the license options file.

Regards,

Ken.

Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

Is the options file by loginID or hostID?  Because it's possible that DHCP of WiFi has a DNS/WINS update issue where the machine name to IP is not being translated correctly. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 10
KMorgan1
in reply to: TravisNave

The options file is built with login id specified.

Regards,

Ken.

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave

Is there a deny listed in your debug log file?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report