Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinXP lost a customer's license

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeremyw
208 Views, 5 Replies

WinXP lost a customer's license

Somehow after removing a password to a Windows XP profile to get into a customers machine the license is not valid on their autocad anymore. Any help on this issue would help me out greatly in getting their situation straightened out.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeremyw
in reply to: jeremyw

It is AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2005
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

Are you sure it is logged into the same profile and that Windows didn't make a new profile? Better doublecheck your C:\Documents and Settings\ folder to see if there is more than one user profile built. Also, make sure that the profile is still part of the Administrators or Power Users group.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
jeremyw

Thanks for the reply. It ended up being adaware removing the licsense. We just have to figure out how to get that back now.

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It probably just removed some needed services, not the license itself. Try doing a "repair" install into the same directory (if that option's available), or uninstall and reinstall. --Cy-- "jeremyw" wrote in message news:8263639.1111616899355.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the reply. It ended up being adaware removing the licsense. We > just have to figure out how to get that back now. > > Thanks
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

With Windows XP, you could try doing a system restore to the last day that it worked.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report