Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2012 Essentials

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
MIKEFETTKETHER4651
609 Views, 8 Replies

Windows Server 2012 Essentials

Were in the process of switch out our old server with a new one.  The new server is Windows Server 2012 Essentials.  I have installed the netowrk license manager just like I have done in the past.  Everything looks fine on the log files, but the client machines cannot see or connect to the network license manager.  Tried disabling the windows firewall, even added exceptions for the required ports.  Client machines are on the local network and same subnet.  The service has also been stopped on the old box for now.  This NLM install is a single server only.  Any ideas what might be the problem?

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I was able to get this to work but modifying the LICPATH.lic file in the program files.  After I changed that, all the client machines could connect and get the license as neccessary.

Mike

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: michael_fett

The best way to do this is with the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable.  You can make the change and then export the .reg of this to all the machines.  Not every Autodesk product uses the LICPATH.LIC so when you change NLM to another server, this is the most appropriate way to point to the new server.

You will also want to verify that the clients do not connect to the new server via IPv6.

More information on the variable can be found below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
AKRAUKLIS
in reply to: michael_fett

What did you modify?  Can you explain in more depth.  Thanks

Message 5 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: AKRAUKLIS

@AKRAUKLIS

Welcome to the community...

Can you give us details of the issue you are experiencing with the license manager?

Update:  This posting is over 3 years old...  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 9
AKRAUKLIS
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

New Server with windows server 2012r2.  Old server with window server 2008.  When loading auto desk license on old server we had some issue with opening ports 27000-27009.  Restarted old server and it worked.  used for about a year.

Installed new license on new server from autodesk.  Tools indicate that it is installed correctly.  But desktops will not find the license.  Opened port 27000-27009.  confirmed with "netstat -a"  listening.

Lost with what to do.  Help please.

Message 7 of 9
Mark.Lancaster

@AKRAUKLIS

Clients not connecting to a license server could me many things...

Did you create a new license file?

Are the settings in the license manager pointing to correct location?

DId you start the service?

If you go to the server status tab and perform a status enquiry does it state the license are available or some other error?

What error codes are given at the client level when it can't obtain a license?  Or what are you seeing at the client level?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't know what you have done so far or what the clients are seeing.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 9

Have you tried the solution from @TravisNave regarding th ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable? That should resolve the issue given the license manager is correctly configured.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

Also make sure that when you PING the server, it comes back with the correct IPv4 address and not the IPv6 address. 

You need to also test firewall from the client to server on ports 27000 and 2080 by using Internet Explorer (only IE works) by typing this into your address bar:

http://servername:27000

http://servername:2080

Both should yield a jargon result.  If you get a page cannot be displayed, then your firewall is blocking.  Beyond that, make sure you point the clients to the new server using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable as mentioned above.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report