Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Easy Transfer tool broken licenses

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ryokukitsune
550 Views, 2 Replies

Windows Easy Transfer tool broken licenses

I restored my computer using a backup made from the Windows Easy Transfer tool and I've run into a number of problems. in the case of Maya I can't seem to install it and get anything working; I can't even get the trial option to work. I know part of the problem is that this is new hardware, the second part I'm pretty sure is that there is leftover datat both transferred/missing that prevents Maya from registering correctly on my system.

After recovering the backup I was a bit surprised that the program didn't appear on the add/remove program list (W7 x64) and after trying the uninstaller in the Maya folder I got errors so I tried manually deleting the components of the program; deleting the Autodesk folder from both Program Files and Program Data and trying to do a "clean" install but afterwards I didn't even get the option to enter licensing information or accept a trial period. this licensing error pops up

[output window]

License problem in GUI mode launch dialog message

[dialog window]
License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2011 (657C1.2011.0.0.1), error 41

License method

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

License file override

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

The install trouble shooting process I've fallowed so far is to zero in on the problem so I've been concentrating on installing Maya only without the rest of the packages (backburner,composite,documentation server etc)

after each install I've checked my license.env file and its pretty consistant reading (copy/paste)

[license.env]

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited
MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=standalone

I'm considering doing another full format and using some lessons I learned from the process to prevent this problem (such as Windows Transfer tool disregards files/programs that are already installed) but I'd like to avoid that since I've already done the 5 hours of windows updates to get my system current.

can someone help me get this straightened out?

Ryo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Ryokukitsune

You're probably going to have to search for the licensing and remove it manually.  It's likely in a ProgramData/Flexnet or ADLM hidden folder.  Image backups to dissimilar hardware will always break stand-alone licensing.  Smiley Sad

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Ryokukitsune
in reply to: TravisNave

Honestly I knew that from the start. I did it a few weeks ago when I found out about the tool and had every intention of deactivating Maya before I committed to a format. Unfortunately I messed up my partition tables so bad I couldn't boot my computer so I decided to do an overdue upgrade so I could take advantage of DDR3 RAM and more than my previous 4 gigs, I digress though.

That fixed the issue. The licensing window came up after I did a reinstall. It's not giving me the option of using the 30 day trial but that’s cool, now I just have to update my student license to work on this build and everything should be golden.

Thanks for the quick response too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report