Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 sorpport problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
355 Views, 2 Replies

Windows 8 sorpport problem

I have been using AutoCAD for design for years and few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 8. Everyone should know the senario after...yehh 1603 problem with framework and nothing can be installed. I know I should not bother with this problem since AutoCAD is not on the sopporting list anyway. If there's no way to fix it, is this going to be sopported in next version? and is the next version going to be released soon?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: 499100060

I suspect Windows 8 will be supported for the Autodesk 2014 release.  You can look for it to be available very soon.  Smiley Happy

This scenario is really no different than when Vista and Windows 7 were released after a particular Autodesk release year.  The software was not designed or tested to run on the new OS.  But the next release after the OS was.  You only have a little while longer to wait. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: 499100060

Most users successfully install current versions of AutoCAd in Win8 64bit with no issues.

Many that cannot find this method works for them (same tip for older AutoCAD versions to work in Win7, or XP, "compatibility mode"):

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-install-autocad-2013-and-inventor-2013-in-windows-8-tip903...

There are some users that nothing works so far: the causes have not been fleshed out yet and they most likely will have to wait for the next release for a cure (and possibly a backdoor patch for R2013-12-11-10).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report