Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 - but not what you're thinking

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dgorsman
255 Views, 1 Reply

Windows 8 - but not what you're thinking

Windows 8 has been out for, what, a month or two now (NO, I don't count the pre-releases.  Until its officially released anything can change.).  There seems to be a rush to get everything installed on this new OS, even if discounting those who purchased new laptops with Win8 pre-loaded.  Common sense says the OS is critical, so it should be tested thoroughly and all required applications must run properly on it.  That takes time, more than has passed since Win8 was released.  And most applications have been released *prior* to Win8 so officially aren't supported and will likely never run properly.

And so I ask: What is the big rush?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: dgorsman

It was the same with Vista and Windows 7.  People need to realize that come spring, the 2014 line will work for Windows 8.  Some of the 2013 product line *may* be retroactively compatible.  But I am with you on this.  We will not be moving forward with Windows 8.  So I don't see the rush. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report