Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 and Inventor Pro Installation Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
306 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 8 and Inventor Pro Installation Issues

Hey There,

Im having trouble installing Autodesk's "Inventor Pro" as a student. I am not a computer person. I currently have Macaffe (Or however you spell it) On my laptop for protection. When I try to install it after downloading the file from autodesk.com, it tells me either a port is blocked, a firewall blocked it, or some other huge problem. I kept trying and got it to load like it was actually installing, but it finished and said everything failed to install after 30 minutes. What is going on here?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the exact same problem so I'm following your thread for answers. 

Message 3 of 4
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.

Since you’re new to the community I just wanted to inform you this is a worldwide (public) user forum where users are assisting others. For any future postings you may do, please do not include any personal information (such as your serial #) in anything that you share (including screen shots & attachments) with us.

I can only assume your installation problem is based on the method you're using.  Update:  @Anonymous  Also in the future please always indicate which version of the product you're are trying to install.

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

There's no need for you to post here when you already posted your issue here.  One posting will surffice.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report