Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 Pro blocks licensing communication

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
diacreek
1305 Views, 16 Replies

Windows 8.1 Pro blocks licensing communication

Hi there,

We installed WIN 8.1Pro.

And now we are facing the problems that licensing of Autodesk Plant Design Suite ( Plant 3D) is expiring in one day due to the communication issue.

It looks Plant 3D licensing agent can't go through WIN 8.1Pro security.

Please update the Plant Design Suite to address this problem.

Thanks,

Diacreek

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: diacreek

Have your IT create an exception for it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
diacreek
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

The computer is completely blocked and the AutoDesk Plant Suite licence have been expired for days.

I figured that WIN 8.1Pro cuts off the outgoing messages.

The reasons as follows:

1. IE11 in TOUCH still works somehow

2. however, sometimes it blocks redirection from the current webpage to the next link in the outside web server.

In addition, it still blocks off Norton, Java etc at the sametime.

In a word, the WIN 8.1Pro Security blocks messages from sending out.

I appreciate MS's efforts for information safety. I expect that my Plant Design Suite back to work in case emergency jobs.

Once the licensing agent is back, I have to call your guys to recover my licence.

By the way, the attached is probably the cause for this error. Please look into it.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 17
diacreek

After Autorun->AppInit, I got the following message as attached.

Location is as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowNT/Current Version/Windows/Appinit_dlls  

"Mgrldr.dll" not found or it's forced to be renamed to "Appinit_dlls".

Where can I find and copy Mgrldr.ddl over.

Please have a look.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 17
diacreek

Travis,

Because AutoCAD license agent can't communicate with the server, the AutoCAD expired in this computer.

Attached is the snapshot for your review.

I guess Autodesk has to contact with MS to figure out which updates on WIN 8.1PRO have resulted in this problem.

I'll contact Autodesk to see if the serial number is still valid.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 17
TravisNave

The invalid serial number thing is common.  I list it in my hot links in my signature.  If you get that resolved, you might be in good shape.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 17
diacreek
in reply to: TravisNave

Let me contact MS.

Hopefully, there are tech people who can solve it today.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 17
diacreek

Travis:

I contact with MS, they don't downgrade WIN8PRO to WIN7 for free. 

However, I can downgrade to WIN8 PRO with my product key.

And I have to reinstall everything in C drive.

Message 9 of 17
diacreek

Travis:

If still no solutions available, I'll do the restoration and reinstall WIN 8 and everything in days.

We need it to do projects.

Message 10 of 17
diacreek

After paying the service fee to MS, we tried WIN 8.1PRO, WIN 8 and WIN 7 Ultimate, the problems persist. And we found it's GeForce GT640 Graphic Driver causes all these problems. Because it's a system,  causes of conflicts may be from one of Autodesk, MS and NVIDIA or vairous combinations.

Story that may inspire somebody:

At the very beginning, the computer will falling into asleep with notice : Monitor going to sleep", if slow to key ctrl+alt+del. the keyboard lights to be gone, and it can never be waken up again. Only push the power button can do. It happens after the Windows updates dated back to June or July, 2014. After the September 27 or 28 updates (WIN 8.1PRO 9600 Builds), things become worse.

We reinstalled WIN8. When we run youtube and autocad, it happens again.

After we install WIN 7 Ultimate, We leave the generic MS display adaptors driver there, it works so well.

Then I deleted GeForce GT640 Graphics Driver,  just leave 3D vision driver there, it works fine.

After that, I installed an old Version GeForce GT640 driver Ver344.11, Youtube works fine, but AutoCAd persists.

I deleted Graphics Driver in the package, it works fine for both youtube and AutoCAD. But the resolution is horrible.

Conclusion:

After talking to MS support people, there may be the conflicts between graphic architecture and streaming style of AutoCAD and the GeForce Graphics Driver. Especially after autodesk introduced mobile licensing system. We lost license because the servers can be reached after MS upgrades. 

Attached is the zipped file for the error messages.

My suggestion to Autodesk:

Contact MS and Nvidia to find the failure cause roots and work together to fix it.

Good Luck!

Message 11 of 17
diacreek

Especially after autodesk introduced mobile licensing system. We lost license because the servers can NOT be reached after MS upgrades. 

Message 12 of 17
diacreek

The latest NVIDIA driver is installed.

After around 40 minutes youtube running, It happens again just minutes ago.

To my experience, if running AutoCAD, it lasts to be much shorter.

To delete the Graphics Driver helps.

Message 13 of 17
DarrenP

blue screens are caused by hardware or a driver problem

capture the blue screen error code and look it up on google and this will tell you where the problem lies

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 17
diacreek
in reply to: DarrenP

It's at around 16:40pm, Jan 17, 2015 

It turns out "Monitor going to sleep" after AutoCAD 2015 runs for just 30 mins.

After ctrl+alt+del, I start AutoCAD 2015 again, It runs into "Monitor going to sleep" for just 10 seconds, even I don't have a chance to open the working file.

Youtube has fix this problem because right now I'm watching it. It's all fine.

AutoDesk please come up to fix it. 

Thanks,

Message 15 of 17
diacreek

It's 9:40am, Jan 19, 2015.

I opened AutoCAD 2015 and just left it there. It's OK.

In the morning, I started to work on a drawing, after 20 min, it goes " Monitor going to sleep " then black screen. 

I ctrl+alt+del called it back.

I'll carry on with it and report further.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

@diacreek wrote:

It's at around 16:40pm, Jan 17, 2015 

It turns out "Monitor going to sleep" after AutoCAD 2015 runs for just 30 mins.

After ctrl+alt+del, I start AutoCAD 2015 again, It runs into "Monitor going to sleep" for just 10 seconds, even I don't have a chance to open the working file.

Youtube has fix this problem because right now I'm watching it. It's all fine.

AutoDesk please come up to fix it. 

Thanks,

this sounds like a hardware problem to me

also don't know why your comparing streaming a youtube video and using Autocad to be the same thing

Message 17 of 17
diacreek
in reply to: Anonymous

The problems persist. 

When AutoCAD runs for minute, it turns black screen and sleep forever.

It's about how AutoCAD drive properly the Graphics drivers ( Here GeForce GT640).

Other programs work well now.

We need AutoDesk's responses.

Tks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report