Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 - Blue screen when trying to install 3DS Max

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
naveenmedia
807 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 7 - Blue screen when trying to install 3DS Max

Since 3DS Max is Windows only, I've partitioned the boot drive on my Mac Pro and have installed Windows 7 64-bit. I'm attempting to install 3DS Max, but the installation crashes the OS when trying to install Direct X (step 11 of 20, I believe). I get the blue screen of death.

Is there a workaround for this? Can I install Direct X myself (or at least try), and will the 3DS Max installer skip this step?

Help. The only reason I went to all the trouble of installing Windows on my system was for 3DS Max.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: naveenmedia

Yes, you can update DirectX on your own and the installer will skip the step.  However, there is no way to modify the installation to skip this step.  Make sure you have the latest DX11 files on the machine first.  Also, post the BSOD error here next time as it might be something else, like video driver or similar...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
naveenmedia
in reply to: TravisNave

OK, thanks, will do!

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: naveenmedia

you need to try to figure what caused the blue screens

it may be a piece of hardware that is failing

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report