Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 64 bit laptop cant see the License off a 32 bit server install.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
845 Views, 5 Replies

Windows 7 64 bit laptop cant see the License off a 32 bit server install.

I currently run AutoCAD MEP 2010 on 3 work stations (32 bit XP) off a Server 2003 Small business.  I got a new Laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit).  i installed AutoCAD MEP 2011 off the internet and had issues with it trying to find the License File.  I contacted Customer Support and they sent me a new file.  I pasted it to the same location as the other license but the laptop still does not see it.  I have been trying to get this to work on my own for weeks now.  Can you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Some pointers here..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-server-not-found-when-trying-to-install...

What is the exact error you get on the laptop when you start the program.

where did you paste the new license file received ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Error Message:

A Valid License could not be obtained by the network license Manager

If you are still unable to access license contract system admin.  Error 0.0.0

Installed Lic File in: t:\program files\Autodesk network license manager\license

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Did you add the new license file to the existing license manager and ensure that it is reading it correctly and licenses are available for the new product? 

If so, it could be a CascadeInfo.cas corrupted file.

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Great I got it working.  I just needed to stop and start the server.  While I have you can you tell me how I can borrow the Lic to be able to take the laptop home? 

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Great!  Borrowing is available either from the Tools menu or from Help > About and Product Information.  The borrowing option will appear for you here. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report