Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 run on a Vista 64 Machine?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JimStrenk
532 Views, 2 Replies

Will Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 run on a Vista 64 Machine?

I currently have a beta copy of Inventor 2013 installed on a Vista 64 machine.  It seemed to have been working just fine, with no obvious errors.

While surfing the Autodesk site, I now see that Vista 64 is NOT SUPPORTED for PDS Ultimate 2013.  I kind of got taken by surprise, I don't currently have a computer running Windows 7 64 bit. Smiley Embarassed

While I understand what NOT SUPPORTED means, can I temporarily install PDS Ultimate 2013 on a Vista 64 mechine until such time as I'm able to upgrade to Windows 7 64?

Or, MUST I wait until AFTER I upgrade the O/S to Windows 7 64?

Any tips, suggestions, errata or comments on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: JimStrenk

Hi Jim,

As you state, it's not supported; we no longer test on Vista. I do know that 2013 beta1 Inventor ran on Vista, so Inventor "should" work OK. I can't speak for every product in PrDS though.

The last statement we made about running Inventor on Vista was :

• Microsoft Vista SP2 Hotfix KB971138 is required to Install Autodesk Inventor 2013 Beta 1 on Vista. For more information, and access to this and related Microsoft downloads, refer to Autodesk Technical Solution 16323149.

Without this installed, I believe that the install will fail.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
JimStrenk
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thanks Chris for the quick reply.  I will un-install Inventor 2013 Beta 1 then re-apply the hot-fix patch you listed.

Once installed, I'll let you know what gets installed and what doesn't get installed and what works and what doesn't.

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report