Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no free trial or free student version for linux?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
nburgin
991 Views, 5 Replies

why no free trial or free student version for linux?

Maya definitely has a linux version, but it does not appear to be offered as a free trial edition or a free student edition. As a linux user who needs Maya for a computer graphics class at Purdue University, I find this incredibly disappointing.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nburgin
in reply to: nburgin

I am a student and for some reason the download page CANNOT COMPREHEND the idea that a student wanting a free student version might be using linux, it only offers the Windows and Mac versions. I want a free student copy of the linux version of Maya. I know there is a linux version of Maya, and yet the download page for the free version for students will not let me download it. Seriously, this is a problem.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 2 of 6
nburgin

I resorted to trying to get the windows version to work on WINE. It did not work.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 6
philip.s

Hello nburgin,

Unfortunately at this time the Autodesk Education Community does not support Linux. I understand this is not what you want to hear (and can assure you that you're not alone in this matter), but wanted to inform you that I've passed this thread / your feedback onto the appropriate parties for review.

Very best,

Message 5 of 6
d.doyle3
in reply to: philip.s

I would also love to see a Linux version for students... Having to dual boot is getting annoying, especially when I use Linux for pretty much every other bit of scripting etc

Hope to see a Linux version soon!

Message 6 of 6
stoppy

I hope this is something that is taken seriously, students have very little in the way of financial means, the work done so far by Autodesk is comendable, you have opened up a great resouce to the Eductaion community and made it possible for 100's and 1000's of students to safely use your products and increase the skills and emloyability in the chosen market sectors.

Adding Linux support to education should really already be there in my opinion. looking forward to seeing a release soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report