Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Contributor
YmmcAuto
Message 1 of 7 (409 Views)
Accepted Solution

Who is using the AutoDesk Design 2012 licenses?

409 Views, 6 Replies
10-04-2012 11:53 AM

At YMMC we use AutoDesk Design Premium 2012. We currently have 4 network license seats.  Is there a way to find out which users are using the licenses at any given time.

Open LMTOOLS and do a Status Enquiry from the Server Status tab.  It will tell you exactly who is using the licenses.

9Status.JPG

It appears that your LMTOOLS is looking for another 3rd party license instead of Autodesk.  Try setting an environment variable for this. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

I had to do this yesterday for a client as well and use LM_LICENSE_FILE variable as well; created the same as the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE in the link above.  Good luck!

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 7 (401 Views)

Re: Who is using the AutoDesk Design 2012 licenses?

10-04-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: YmmcAuto

Open LMTOOLS and do a Status Enquiry from the Server Status tab.  It will tell you exactly who is using the licenses.

9Status.JPG

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Mentor
jtbworld
Message 3 of 7 (389 Views)

10-05-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: YmmcAuto

You can also use our freeware JTB FlexReport LT that makes it easy to get a HTML-report over all current users. The program can be distributed to all your users if you like so they themselves can also check this.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting
Specialities: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture and Revit
http://www.jtbworld.com

JTB FlexReport - network license reports
http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport/index.htm
Contributor
YmmcAuto
Message 4 of 7 (367 Views)

10-05-2012 01:23 PM in reply to: YmmcAuto

When I run LMTools I get this problem:

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
Error getting status: Cannot find license file.
 The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
listed below.  Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
 or contact your software provider for a license file.
Filename:      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Software Toolbox\common\License\*.lic
License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Software Toolbox\common\License\*.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359.  System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 7 (363 Views)

10-05-2012 01:33 PM in reply to: YmmcAuto

It appears that your LMTOOLS is looking for another 3rd party license instead of Autodesk.  Try setting an environment variable for this. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

I had to do this yesterday for a client as well and use LM_LICENSE_FILE variable as well; created the same as the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE in the link above.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
YmmcAuto
Message 6 of 7 (323 Views)

10-10-2012 10:48 AM in reply to: YmmcAuto

I was trying to use the LMTool program on the License server and could not get it to work.  Then I placed a LMTools shortcut on my PC entered the Enviromental variables that you gave me set the path for the License file and everything started working.

Thanks for the help, Guru

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 7 of 7 (316 Views)

10-10-2012 12:01 PM in reply to: YmmcAuto

Excellent!  Thanks for the follow-up!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.