Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
martin
903 Views, 10 Replies

Who am i victim of?

Hello there,

after months of trying to authenticate my legaly bought version of AutoCAD 2013 i want to know who am i victim of a fraud from.

I've bought AutoCAD LT2013 in 2012 from AMAZON.CA. After loosing a contract i deceided not to authorize my copy thinking i would sell it. I did not.

Now i need AutoCAD for a new project but Autodesk refuse to authenticate my copy saying the serial number i gave them was refunded. I've contacted AMAZON.CA and they confirmed me that there was no refund issued / asked for my serial number.

Now : it's complete silence from AutoDesk.

Who am i victim of?

Martin Ruel

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: martin

I have alerted the Front Desk Team of this problem.  They should reply to you via Forum email ASAP.

David Lau
Message 3 of 11
philip.s

Hi Martin,

I was able to find an associated support case with you and after further investigation it appears as though the serial number that you provided was purchased from the Autodesk store (using an aol email account) and consequently returned. 

Are you able to send me a Private Message with an invoice from Amazon?

Message 4 of 11
martin

So i am victim of a fraud from AutoDesk.

The serial number that i provided WAS BOUGHT AT AMAZON.CA. I do have all receits and confirmations needed but will post them online here to show that i am indeed a victim of a fraud from Autodesk. I have a writen confirmation that Amazon.ca never asked for a refund.

What is this AOL thing. That is something new in my case.

Here is me holding my copy of AutoCAD LT 2013 Mac edition which i still CAN'T use.

How is that for a starter Philip?

Martin Ruel

Message 5 of 11
martin

Here is my receit from Amazon.ca.

I have also included an email from AutoDesk stating they refunded my software BUT NOT for the same amount i actualy paid for..

How come i have a confirmation from AutoDesk that my software was refunded for the amount of 1108.81 USD when i bought it at 870.00 CAD?

It doesn't make sense to me.

Message 6 of 11
philip.s

Thanks for the additional information Martin.

It appears that you did purchase the license on Amazon.ca, however it was sold through a private seller, coperationxxl. While Amazon.llc is an Autodesk Authorized Reseller, we do not authorize or support the sale of new and used licenses from private parties. As such, I would recommend contacting the seller and requesting a refund as they most likely purchased the license from us, provided you with the serial number, and returned it.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but please let me know if I can provide additional insight or clarification.

Message 7 of 11
martin

That's OK.

I'm a victim of a fraud from Autodesk. Now i understand.

Legal actions will now take care of all this and follow its courses.

Martin

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

Sounds more like you were a victim of piracy.  Always, always, always buy only from an Authorized Autodesk Reseller and never from an online vendor or box store. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 11
dgorsman

Careful with casually throwing around terms like that.  Calling "fraud" without justification can itself be legally actionable.  Your lawyer will confirm both that, and the lack of validity of the claim.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 11
martin

Looks more like AutoDesk is the trouble maker here. 

All infos i got from AutoDesk are wrong or can't be confirmed from another AutoDesk dept.

Thanks AutoDesk for stealing my company. Now i understand why people use cracks now.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

You don't quite understand how Amazon works do you? They sell some items direct (authorized reseller), and they also allow outside parties to sell through them for a fee (like EBAY).
You bought your software for someone else.

Unlike EBAY, Anazon prefers to protect their customers from fraud: so you need to contact them to help you with your claim. They are usually quite resourceful and very helpful.

And do speak with a lawyer (instead of just pretending you will), you need a reality check plus fraud recovery help my friend.

Good luck,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report