Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

rosebud1773
Message 11 of 13 (380 Views)

Re: White Screen of Death - Activation in 3ds Max 2012

11-27-2012 09:58 AM in reply to: byron.morales

The inactive system is the one presenting the blank screen. The software itself runs without a problem for the most part. The inactive system also shipped with IE9 and there are no downloads for IE8 for Windows 7 platform. I'm not at all comfortable uninstalling the one browser that Microsoft insists on using for Windows updates. I can't afford to screw up my laptop.

Hypothetically, if I manage to get this thing to display the missing screen, do I use the same activation code provided with the active product on the other system or do I need an individual code for the second activation?

Product Support
byron.morales
Message 12 of 13 (376 Views)

11-27-2012 10:14 AM in reply to: rosebud1773

Hello:

You do not need to install IE8. Windows 7's default browser is IE8. So by uninstalling IE9 from the control panel it will revert back to IE8 then you can Activate automatically (2nd activation on same serial) if it want to manually activate then contact our Registration and Activation team directly you can click here.

Once the software is activated you can download/upgrade to IE9. 

Byron Morales
rosebud1773
Message 13 of 13 (370 Views)

11-27-2012 10:48 AM in reply to: byron.morales

I have successfully rolled back to IE8 and the product is now active on the laptop, no more blank screen. I think I'll leave IE8 as the update browser for the moment. IE9 has way too many problems for my taste and conflicts with everything.

Thank you so much for your patience and help in this issue.   :cathappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.