Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is Best for AutoDesk Bootcamp plus Windows or Just Parallels?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rpocratsky
222 Views, 2 Replies

Which is Best for AutoDesk Bootcamp plus Windows or Just Parallels?

I need to install Autodesk on a MAC for school use. First question is if I need to first partition my drive an install Windows for it to work, or can I just run it with Parallels and not install Windows? Secondly, does Autodesk work better if I install Windows and run it in that OS, or will it work about the same in Parallels without installing Windows? Apple thinks it will work better with Windowes installed, but this web site suggests just Parallels wold be fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: rpocratsky

autodesk is the same of a company not software

since you don't say what product your trying to use 

no one can help you

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rpocratsky
in reply to: DarrenP

Sorry, Autodesk Inventor is what we are trying to use on a MAC. Apple says it will work either way, but suggests that it will work better if I buy Windows, partition the hardrive, and use Bootcamp to boot the system in Windows, instead of just using Parallels.  I see that I can download a free trial of Parallels, so i may do that, but if there is advice on either option working better it would be appreciated.

thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report