Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to store a spare license!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KevinMurtha
286 Views, 3 Replies

where to store a spare license!

i have a license that i need to take off a PC, but have no spare PC to export the license to. I usually use the PLU but usually I have a spare PC not running AutoCAD. Do I have any options?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: KevinMurtha

Don't worry about it. When the time comes, just reinstall your AutoCAD and get it reauthorized. Autodesk Activations Department will certainly be happy to help you out on your situation.

Otherwise, you can just export it to a PC that doesn't exist yet and when the time comes, just name your new PC with that name. 😉

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
doug48858

Dont think so, the PLU needs the ID code, which cant be generated until the pc exists.

I read here somewhere about someone that was stacking licenses on a pc until they were needed on lab computers. I think it might be interesting to try to import the license to a pc with autocad already on it. I know you can have more than one license on a pc for autocad(different version), havent tried it with the same version yet...
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Eh, MAC addresses are easily cloned in the NIC settings.

How else do you think my license is working on my loaner laptop while mine is in for repair? 😉

The other idea is interesting. You should try it and let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report