Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to I foind my group Id

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
stevec781
16764 Views, 16 Replies

Where to I foind my group Id

When trying to activate 2011 it says it doesnt like my serial no and the help says that subscription members should use their group ID.  Where do I find that?

Thanks

Steve

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: stevec781

If you are the subscription administrator, contact Autodesk subscriptions or your reseller.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 17
Ccduncan01
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

That's BS. Why is everything such a hassle? Even here, no link to the Autdesk subscriptions?

Message 4 of 17
blair

If you are using the web-based forum it should be up top: |Industries|Products|Purchase|Support|Community.

Hoover the mouse over the | Support | and a drop-down to "Subscription Sign In" should show up. Your serial number and Product Key is on the back of the DVD case. Or you can get it from your subscription -Contract Management portion of the web-site after you log in to Subscription.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 17
Ccduncan01
in reply to: blair

Really, I didn't know that? I put that in and I'm told I need a group ID instead. I love paying this much money and not having things work.

Mac 2.8GHz

Quad core

8 Gigs Ram

ATI Radeon HD 5750

Message 6 of 17
blair

Serial Numbers/Activation are different than logging into Subscription. You should have set up (or your subscription administrator) should have set up a log-in name & password for your subscription.

You need both a Serial Number and Product Key to activate your version on Inventor. You also need a user name and password to enter/log-in to Subscription (if you are on subscription).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 17
Ccduncan01

I have a serial number (new and old) ans a product key. Where did anyone say those were needed? We are looking for a GROUP ID number the the subcsritiom updater is asking for. What is so hard aboutn this question. GROUP ID number?

Message 8 of 17
bhozempa
in reply to: Ccduncan01

I am having the same problem.  I sent a note to my reseller asking for the group ID and expressing my frustration at the same time.  This is ridiculous!

Message 9 of 17
dagumad

Hello stevec781.

The term “group ID” simply means the “serial number.” Please be aware that a product key is required to successfully activate versions 2010 and newer. Due to the error you are receiving, a manual activation might be needed to activate your product successfully. Please contact our registration/activation department at (800) 551-1490 for assistance.

Donna Daguman
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 17
sunlandsurvey

I have similar problem.  It tells me that my serial number (from 2011 civil 3d) is wrong and I need to download and install user group ID!!!!!!!!!  Where in the world is this User Group ID is located????  Please some one help.  I received DVD in mail but without serial number on it!!!

Thank you.

Mihir

Message 11 of 17
dagumad
in reply to: sunlandsurvey

Hello Mihir,

To determine the reason for your acivation error, we require sensitve information. Please fill out our customer service form and provide us wtih the serial number you are trying to activate as well as the sales order number on the DVD you received.

Donna Daguman
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 17
it
Explorer
in reply to: sunlandsurvey

Seriously! We are paying subscribers to Autodesk. We are the honest, hard working people. If someone wants to hack and steal your software, they will. We are not trying to. All you are doing is complicating a process that should be easy. Yes, the serial number used to be on the installation case, but now a Group ID is needed. I have entered every number that I can find on the subscription center web page with no success. Thanks for helping the honest hard working people of America. Maybe we should go back to manual drafting...

Message 13 of 17
sbozzolii

I am having a problem with the serial number.  To download the program I needed the serial number as well as the product key.  I did that.  Now in order to use this product as active... I need to put in the serial number again.  I did this in the box in Product Registration and Activation.  It tells me that this serial number is invalid. Try Again.  So I do.  Now it needs a group ID.  I can not find a group ID.  What do I do?

Message 14 of 17
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sbozzolii

Hi sbozzoli,

Can you please send me your serial number via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll find out what'e wrong with your serial number?

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 17
bburnworth
in reply to: dagumad

Why confuse users with the different terms if they are the same exact thing? I have been looking for a group ID for the past 30 minutes, only to find out that its the same as my serial number.
Message 16 of 17
systeembeheer
in reply to: bburnworth

Same problem here, it's a frustrating piece of program they made.

Message 17 of 17
inge.valaas

I am the IT Manager on our business (45 employees). I start dreading for the always incredible painful task of upgrading our Autodesk software months ahead of the annual Autodesk upgrade..

This thread makes it a little less painful, because it shows I haven't suddenly turned into a complete IT retard when trying to maintain our Autodesk software. I am not alone.

The entire installation and maintenance of Autodesk network licenced software is a complete nightmare. It is like trying to utilize a collection of randomly compiled 1'year IT students homework assignments.

Nlmanager, flexnet server, Group-ID, seats available, adflex, host-ID, mac-adress, physical adress, get your Paracetamol, blood pressure -and antidepressants ready - here goes another Autodesk upgrade Gauntlet!

Pheeww..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report