Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is a phone number

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
ts.vm
810 Views, 14 Replies

Where is a phone number

I've been chatting with customer service, and they are not responsive. Can you please post a phone number where I can talk to a real person?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: ts.vm

For what software product?

And are you on paid subscription?

Otherwise.... General Autodesk Support is explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/support-o...

Feedback can also be sent in on the online Product Feedback form: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794 

Message 3 of 15
ts.vm
in reply to: pendean

How about you don't answer my question and divert me to a web page... The question was: "Where is the phone number?" Autodesk Support CaseNo:12278876 Don't direct me to a page. Direct me to a phone number.
Message 4 of 15
pendean

I'm not "autodesk", I'm an end user and customer of Autodesk just like you that is trying to help you out.

Now behave like a professional and read the link, it tells you all you need to know unless you can tell me what software you are actually using and I can probably help you find what you need if there another option.
Message 5 of 15
ts.vm
in reply to: pendean

I apologize for sounding terse. I direct my anger at Autodesk, because I'm trying to get a hold of a real person at Autodesk to help solve my issue. They send people to these forums instead of directly helping them out. It makes me furious that large companies do everything in their power to NOT talk directly to customers. They deserve all the shame that comes with offering poor customer service. I also apologize for wasting your time. Have a great day.
Message 6 of 15
matthew.d

Hi @ts.vm,

Apologies for the trouble. I took a look at your case and it appear that you are having trouble installing Fusion 360 for your employee. I am happy to help you here if you could describe in more detail what is happening or provide a screenshot. I noticed in your account that you have 2 licenses assigned to yourself in user management. If you are trying to use one of these licenses for your employees, you will need to unassign one from yourself and add them to the user management section within your account. Let me know if you need any additional help, as we are always happy to lend a hand.

Please note that you can contact us at anytime by chatting with us, submitting a case via our contact us pages (there's a schedule a call option there), or through your account. There will be a phone number within your account if you have advanced support, here is how to find it, we also have phone numbers on our contact us pages.

Sorry again for any frustration.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 7 of 15
ts.vm
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks for the response. I did use the chat, as you saw in the case number file. I was promised a phone call two different times. I'm still waiting. When will the call come? Of the phone numbers on the page you forwarded to me, which office would be best for me to call. Why aren't these listed on the regular "customer service" page? They are hidden pretty deep in the web site.

Message 8 of 15
matthew.d

Hi @ts.vm,

I am having a representative give you a call very shortly. Apologies for any difficulty finding those pages.

Edit: Our rep indicated he missed you and will try again Monday, but he also mentioned he made the necessary changes with the user management based on your offices feedback. They should be all up and running now.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 9 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@ts.vm

You have to understand that your support from Autodesk is solely based on the level of support you have.   Most get free basic support but that only entitles you to log a support case through your Autodesk Account and communicate via email.  An Autodesk Agent may end up contacting you if the problem is not resolved by email but that's how basic support works.   If you paid for Adv Support or fall under the Enterprise Priority Support then under your Autodesk Account is an express ID and a phone number to call.   In addition if you are using this product under the free educational license aspect, then you technically don't get support directly from Autodesk since you received this product free of charge.  At that point you would need to seek assistance from the forum or your school's IT group.

Speaking of the forums, I would recommend for a fast response is to post first in the related  Autodesk forum and see if the users who monitor them can assist you.  Not saying you can't chat/communicate with Autodesk but the forums may give you a quick turn-around with your issue and get you up and running.

Finally...  It may not always be easy to resolve issues with Autodesk Products and you may become frustrated in trying to get a hold of Autodesk regarding it.  But please remember this is a volunteer peer to peer network where users are assisting other users like yourself.  Taking your frustrations out on us is not really helpfully and/or value added.  Smiley Wink  In the end I fully understand your frustration and for you trying to get assistance in resolving your issue.  So for future reference I am providing you with this little guide in how you can at least chat with a given Autodesk Agent based on a issue.  The links provided in that document give you access to chat with an agent and also it provides access to common Autodesk Articles related to those given issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 15
ts.vm
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Again, I'm sorry to take out my frustrations here. My apologies from the bottom of my heart.

This could have been easily solved if Autodesk had an easily accessible help line where paying customers could call for assistance. Instead, they direct customers to the forums to look for answers so that they themselves are isolated from idiots like me. I do admit I'm an idiot. But I was just looking for help. Finally, we got the phone call and the problem resolved. Thing quickly get taken care of when you can talk to a real person. I hope that Autodesk and other software companies change their policy of not wanting to talk to customers.

Message 11 of 15
dgorsman

They used to.  But there were a number of problems - global customers (requiring 24 hour service centers, around the world, which is a huge expense, and not necessarily staffed with people intimately familiar with the product), customers with unique problems (hard to show a screen shot or give a sample file on the phone), language difficulties (trying to confirm a serial number from someone with a thick accent at either/both ends of the line), "customers" without an active support contact trying to get free help (phone numbers usually become public quickly), and on and on.

The best way to get phone support these days is from a reseller.  They will be in your time zone, more than likely specializing in any local industries, and willing to do the legwork to track down a contact for anything they don't.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 15
ts.vm
in reply to: dgorsman

My immediate though (since I also sell software that requires support) is: "the customer is not an interruption of my day, he is the purpose of it."

You overcome problems, you don't brush them aside.

Sorry to have been a pain. It is just my opinion that customer service involves direct interaction with the customer, and not trying to stay hidden by not publishing a phone number.
Message 13 of 15
matthew.d

Hi @ts.vm,

Totally understand, we definitely do not want to make it hard to contact us, sorry that you feel it is. I will pass along this feedback. You can also contact us directly through Twitter (linked in my signature) or Facebook, which we monitor and escalate appropriately. There are phone numbers on our website, which I linked above.

Please note post 6 identified the issue, which I directed the representative that called you to inform you of. Our sincere apologies again for any delay in getting up and running. Feel free to private message me at anytime if you have any other trouble. I will make sure to get you help as fast as possible.

Matt DiMichele

Message 14 of 15
ts.vm
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks for your help. We're up and running now, so we're good. Love the product, just wish that support wasn't so rationed.
Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

I agree. This is frustrating that a tech based company such as Autodesk wouldn't anticipate not having a customer support phone number being a problem. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report