Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where did they hide service packs and updates?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ampster401
272 Views, 5 Replies

where did they hide service packs and updates?

I don't recall it being that hard to locate service packs, updates, etc on Adesk's website...

support.autodesk.com used to work, now it want's me to sign into the subscription center with creditials I don't have.

Now it appears you end up at http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support, click on the title of software you are interested in updating (Inventor in this case with the end goal of finding any updates for 2013) so I choose "Inventor Products".

On the next page there is a "Downloads" section which includes 4 direct links to various updates for either 2015 or the "local Help" setup and then there is a button below those links titled "View More".

Clicking on the View More button does not take me to a screen showing any updates, instead this page appears to be titled "Software & Downloads" but yet there is no link to any support files or updates.

There is a link on that page titled "Find Service Packs, Hotfixes & Language Packs" but it takes me right back to the beginning and is of no use.

What am I missing here?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: ampster401

You're missing the part where this used to be easy.  It's basically impossible to find what you need now.  I am frustrated by the change as well, and have voiced my concerns before it went live, yet there it remains, unchanged and unusable. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
ampster401
in reply to: TravisNave

If the intention is to switch to the "Autodesk Application Manager" to handle updates, that's great for 2015 and newer (when it works, I've had an update for 3ds Max Design 2015 Extension 1 in there for weeks now and will never install correctly) but for those of us still using previous versions that won't fly obviously.

I hope they provide a solution to this soon.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I wouldn't hold your breath.

You can get SP2 for Max Design 2015 here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max-design/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-3ds-m...

That should get you up-to-date.

Smiley Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Dazzman

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/downloads

Works for me and hopefully for you as well although I do agree that the site could do with a user driven update.

Message 6 of 6
ampster401
in reply to: Dazzman

Tks Dazzman,

Had me worried for a moment though because that page is similar in appearance to one of them I was experiencing when stuck in the loop.

It works and is bookmarked now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report