Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When opening Mudbox 2014 - mudbox application file has stopped working

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
capsu
1062 Views, 4 Replies

When opening Mudbox 2014 - mudbox application file has stopped working

When opening Mudbox 2014, after clicking ok in mudbox setup popup window, comes "mudbox application file has stopped working" error.

Deleting mudbox folder in documents doesn't help.

In same time Autodesk 3dsMax 2014 works without errors.

Computer specs:

PC

Mudbox 2014 with sp1

win 7 64bit fresh install

16gb ram

i7, 2.93ghz

ATI radeon hd 5800 series - with latest driver 12.104.0.0

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dembkod
in reply to: capsu

capsu,

Hello. This is an early crash. Could be a failed install or a graphics card conflict. First order would be to uninstall through the Control Panel and then try to uninstall again using the MSFixit tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

After this, install the program and see if the behavior repeats.

Past this, update your graphics card driver. Do not click “Update Driver” in the Windows Control Panel. Identify your graphics card and go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest 2 or 3 drivers and test them to see if you can get one to work. If you have a laptop, like a Dell, you may need to go to the Dell website and get a custom driver.  

You can also look in your WIndows Event viewer to see if any particular modules are referenced in the error.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 5
mi5uk
in reply to: capsu

Hi David,

I am having the same problem. I installed latest service pack and drivers. Mudbox stopped working but will work when I create a new user account in windows.

Please help

Message 4 of 5
mi5uk
in reply to: mi5uk

im using windows 7pro, quad i7 2.8ghz, 16gb ram, 4gb nvidia graphics card
Message 5 of 5
capsu
in reply to: mi5uk

Hey

I forgot to update this thread.

My problem is fixed and in very strange way. It was activation issue I guess. I put the hdd to another computer (different motherboard), boot up, opened the program. Well it didnt work eighter. Then I put hdd back to old computer and voila, started working like magic. Why, I have no idea. But I guess it woke up to check the activation or something.

Well, just try crazy things, never know what can help to fix the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report