Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Sedric1
22853 Views, 8 Replies

What is MSVCP110.dll?

I'm trying to install Inventor LT but I keep getting a message that says"The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from my computer." What is this and where can I it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Sedric1

It is Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable.  You need to download and install it.  It should be a prerequisite...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
natxho1995
in reply to: TravisNave

hi install the c ++ public, but you still dating my message
MSVCP110.dll

Message 4 of 9
daniellevesque

Thanks that saved my day. This error happen after a Windows 10 upgrade., but  downloading and reinstalling the C++ Redistribute worked.

Message 5 of 9
garzona

You are the best thank you!

Message 6 of 9
hagemon

Hi, I have the same problem. Unfortunatelly, installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 does not help. Other ideas?

Message 7 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: hagemon

@hagemon

Can you at least specify what Autodesk product and version you are trying to install.  How are you trying to install?  Install Now, Browser Download, Autodesk Virtual Agent.

If you are not using the Autodesk Virtual Agent and this is a common Autodesk product you're trying to use, then download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 9
hagemon
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I've just managed to fix it, for some reason installing x86 version
(despite my OS being 64-bit version) did the trick.
Message 9 of 9
1500197g
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of Microsoft visual C + + programs and reinstalled my AutoCad yet the message " code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found" pops out the moment i turn on my laptop. What do i do? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report