Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We cannot reinstall 3DS Max 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BYTK
605 Views, 4 Replies

We cannot reinstall 3DS Max 2011

Hi, We have reinstalled one PC today, when we try to activate the licence of 3DS Max we have a message

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1). What can we make?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
amanda.k
in reply to: BYTK

Hello,

Welcome to the Forums!

The most common issues with receiving an invalid Serial Number error are:

• Inputting the incorrect Serial Number into the incorrect year of product. Each release has a separate Serial Number  - check you are inputting the 2012 Serial Number into the 2012 product.
  • Upgraded licenses. If you were previously on Subscription and then let it lapse, you are no longer entitled to use Previous Versions of software. Make sure you are using the license you were most recently upgraded to.

If you have checked the above points and are still having difficulties, please sent me a Private Message (click on my amanda.k profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Product Key and I will further research this for you.

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 3 of 5
BYTK
in reply to: amanda.k

Hello. Thank you very much for quick reply.

Yes, I think is the second case that for us.
Recently we have bought updating to version 2013 but we still have the problems with activation.

Message 4 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: BYTK

Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your 2011 serial number so that I can investigate accordingly.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
BYTK
in reply to: philip.s

My best wishes for New Year 2013 and thanks for everybody.
The problem is solved with help of Autodesk Support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report