Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was C3D now IDS - need to activate C3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
del-montcadadministrator1125
225 Views, 2 Replies

Was C3D now IDS - need to activate C3D

We cross-graded from Civil3D to Infrastructure Design Suite - I still have projects in Civil3D2012 but i do not have the IDS 2012 installation media only the Civil3D 2012 Installation media. 

When i try to deploy Civil3D 2012 on new equipment, we run into an issue where we no longer have licensing for Civil3D. 

I've done this once before, but I don't remember what i had to do to get the activation code.

None of the 'current' serial no's are valid for the old product, and the old serial no's are not valid either.

IDS 2014 / Civil3D2012

Thank you for any assistance,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It's possible that you are running into a known issue where C3D cannot properly pull an IDS license from the NLM.  If this is indeed the case, start with this hotfix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17253046&linkID=9240698

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Travis, that's definately something to keep in mind for some of the other deployments, but this is a stand-alone install not NLM.
Thank you for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report