Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W7 fails to start after ABDSP 2015 install

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ricwig
358 Views, 5 Replies

W7 fails to start after ABDSP 2015 install

Last Friday I installed our Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2015 on my computer. I am running Windows 7 64 and we have standalone licences for our Autodesk programs. I dowloaded the software from the Autodesk site, and I installed all the parts of the subscription. The rest of the day I was fine. I opened both the Revit and the AutoCAD programs with no problem.

The problems happen when I shutdown my system and started it again a few hours later. It failed to start. I got the Blue Screen of Death. So I went thru Microsoft's repair program. After several attempts I finally decided to restore my computer to an earlier time in the week. Before the Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2015 installation and to just before a Microsoft update and volia it started. I let the computer update the Microsoft progrom and no problems. Its been running fine all weekend.

How can I get Autocad and Revit versions  for 2015 on my computer without the Blue screen of death?

Thanks for your help with this.

Rick W.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Ricwig

Do you have the STOP error code for the BSOD?  I suspect it was a fluke.  Have you tried reinstalling the software and seeing if you still get the BSOD?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP

Blue screens are usually caused by a hardware problem or a driver problem

did you look up the Blue screen error code? and did say it was caused by autodesk?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Ricwig
in reply to: DarrenP

I was too irritated  to get the code. but the only thing new that happened was my installation on the Suite. I did run a sectors check on the hard drive and got no errors. I got rid of the installation thru the restore. I can only guess it is the suite software. I am a little gun shy to  reinstall without some explanation.

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

the blue screen stop code would explain what happened

try running the utility on this page: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026248/can-a-bsod-hurt-my-computer-.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
NathanLos

I suspect you've been bitten by a recent Windows hotfix that caused bluescreens after rebooting. Microsoft has since retracted the hotfix, which would explain why you were subsequently able to update without encountering the error again. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2982791 for more details.

If indeed the hotfix was the root cause of the problem, you might find success by simply reinstalling BDS Premium.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report